Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Searching for ideas for new music video... #musicvideos

Every good music video needs a great story.

A few months ago i was at a pet store with my friend Corinne and we came across this mouse.  He was so happy to live his life running on a wheel.

meet Skippy the Mouse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1AHWCC5_IQ

 Skippy kind of reminded me of people.  All of us in this strange place together running this way and that, trying, striving, some getting further than others, some people seeming to get no where.

The only idea I can think of is filming people moving right to left, just like Skippy.  Except, humans use buses and cars and bicycles and motorcycles.  So today my friend Mark and I are venturing to downtown Raleigh to film some things and people moving from left to right. I do have footage of Skippy and another mouse joining him on the wheel. So that could be a story idea right there...a second character.

but I am at a loss for what the NUT of the music video should be all about.  like the main story.  the idea.  I have no  real character ideas, or plan for a story....maybe some footage of me singing the chorus, or not, I don't know. I do know I want Skippy and people going about their lives in cars and buses and bikes and stuff.
The song!
https://soundcloud.com/brandonscottmclean/the-white-lies-you-tell

Do you have any ideas?  Send them my way in the comments or on facebook or twitter or wherever...

PS
Corrine also sang all over this song. and a lot of other people who I will list in the credits later..

No comments: