Monday, September 24, 2012

Cool video of me and Shane and Bongo John - shredding guitar solos

Hey, Shane and I are getting on a cruise ship this week for 2 nights so I can participate in a karaoke contest to hopefully win some extra cash to fund this project.  Now I know what you're thinking, "How can these clowns afford to go on a cruise when they're trying to raise money for an album?"  Well to answer your question...this CRUISE is FREE because I won the last karaoke contest on the last boat I was on....pretty sweet huh?  And we played a couple shows in the last couple nights to be able to afford to get down ton FL, and we plan on finding a "lettuce gig" somewhere in the next 48 hours to help recoup some of our bar tab! (Translate: 'Let Us Play a Gig Here.')

For our album, we did a cover of "Three Little Birds" by Bob Marley.  So I felt it appropriate to share a little video I made with the footage of the first and only take of our trading guitar solos in the song.  Bob Marley....cruise ship....island....get it?


[Don't see the video above? Here's the link: http://youtu.be/9gsIiQrPzNs]

There's a chance I could win a bunch of money on this boat, but I'm not getting my hopes up.  No matter what it's going to be a super fun time.  This is some more info about the karaoke contest I'm part of: http://www.idolcelebration.com/

Bon voyage,
Brandon and Shane
Young & New

No comments: